(1) Does a scientist have a constitutional right to do research on any subject? Or are there topics that should be “forbidden knowledge”? [1st amendment]
(2) Does freedom of the press apply to scientific publications? Electronic publications distributed over the internet? Even if it is something related to genetic reconstitution of potentially lethal viruses or development of biochemicals that could lead to mass destruction if misused? [1st amendment]
(3) Do you have a privacy interest or a property interest in your own biochemistry (i.e. your DNA)? Does it belong to you, or to nature? [4th amendment]
(4) Would life-long quarantine of AIDS sufferers be unconstitutional? What about mandatory AIDS testing (it is a biochemical test)?
(5) If a violent, mentally ill murderer could be reliably cured with modern pharmaceutical chemistry or genetic (biochemical) therapy, would he or she have a constitutional right to refuse treatment?1
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.