1. Question : Which hormone is involved in the regulation of serum calcium levels?
2. Question : Where is oxytocin synthesized?
3. Question : Which of the following is a lipid-soluble hormone?
4. Question : Which mineral is needed for the synthesis of thyroid hormones?
5. Question : The portion of the pituitary that secretes oxytocin is the _____ pituitary.
6. Question : Hormones are effective communicators because they
7. Question : What effect does hyperphosphatemia have on other electrolytes?
8. Question : What is the target tissue for prolactin-releasing factor (PRF)?
9. Question : Target cells for parathyroid hormone (PTH) are located in the
10. Question : Lipid-soluble hormone receptors are located
11. Question : A surgical individual just arrived on the unit from the postanesthesia care unit. This person’s respirations are 4 per minute and shallow. As the nurse calls for assistance, the person suddenly feels jittery and breathing quickens. Which of the following feedback loops is operating for the nurse in this situation?
12. Question : Which of the following hormones acts on its target cell via a second messenger?
13. Question : The level of thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) in Graves disease is usually
14. Question : Which of the following laboratory values is consistently low in a client with diabetes insipidus (DI)?
15. Question : Polyuria occurs with diabetes mellitus because of
16. Question : The first lab test that indicates type 1 diabetes is causing the development of diabetic nephropathy is
17. Question : A person has acne, easy bruising, thin extremities, and truncal obesity. These clinical manifestations are indicative of which endocrine disorder?
18. Question : Visual disturbances are a result of a pituitary adenoma because of the
19. Question : Hyperpituitarism is generally caused by
20. Question : Which of the following clinical manifestations is not common to both diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) and hyperglycemic hyperosmolar nonketotic syndrome (HHNKS)?
21. Question : The cause of neurogenic diabetes insipidus (DI) is related to an organic lesion of the
22. Question : The most probable cause of low serum calcium following a thyroidectomy is
23. Question : Which of the following laboratory values would the nurse expect to find if a person is experiencing syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone (SIADH)?
24. Question : A person with type 1 diabetes experiences hunger, lightheadedness, tachycardia, pallor, headache, and confusion. The most probable cause of these symptoms is
25. Question : The effects of syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone (SIADH) include solute
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.