What steps do you have to take to work as a Respiratory Therapist in Ohio once you graduate here on May 7th?
· Take NBRC test to obtain your CREDENTIAL
· This is your nationally recognized ability to practice
· MANDATORY for all RTs practicing in the US
· MUST BE RENEWED EVERY YEAR
· In order to renew you must pay a fee ($25/yr) to the NBRC (if you skip this fee, you will pay it as a lump sum at the end of 5 years)
· Every FIVE years you have to prove you’ve achieved 30 credit hours of continuing ed (CEUs)
· If you fail to renew or are denied renewal at 5 years, you must RETAKE THE EXAMS and will be denied the ability to practice until you’ve successfully passed again
· DON’T LET IT LAPSE!!!
· Obtain state LICENSE
· Does this state require a license to practice respiratory care?
· What is required when you initially apply for a license?
· Application form completed and notarized
· Criminal Background Check
· Copy of NBRC score
· 2×2 passport style photograph
· How much money does it cost?
· $75 for initial license, $100 each renewal
· How often do you have to renew?
· Every 2 years
· Are there CEU’s required for renewal? If yes, how many?
· Yes, 20 CEUs for each 2 year period
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.