Question or concern
1.Please post the link to the article you visited Point value
2. What is the ethical issue or topic of concern? Why is this issue controversial? 2
3. What is the procedure, activity, research or technology used for?
4. What is the goal?
5. What studies are being conducted? 3
6. What are the pros and cons? 3
7. What parties are affected?
8. What moral rights do the affected parties have?
9. How are these rights being violated? 3
10. What role has the media or education system played (if any) in reporting this issue and how has it affected the public?
11. Do you feel the reporting has been fair and unbiased? 2
12. What treatment (policy or decision) do you support?
13. Which method (below) will you use to arrive at this decision?
1. What leads to the best overall consequences? (Utilitarian approach)
2. Which course of action best respects all parties’ rights? (rights approach)
3. Which course of action treats everyone the same and does not show discrimination? (The fairness or justice approach)
4. Which course of action advances the common good (common good approach)
5. Which course of action develops moral virtues (The virtue approach) 3
14. Find another article on this same issue. Describe how this article relates to the article you summarized (above) (Does the study contradict what you found? IS the author for or against the technology? Etc.)Please the link to the 2nd article you found. 3
15. Respectfully respond to one other student blog; Reply to any comments made to your blog. Your comments should attempt to generate discussion and dig deeper into the issues. 5
Total points 25
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.