PSYC 421 TEST EVALUATIONS PAPER INSTRUCTIONS
Psychometric Evaluation of Test
Each student will evaluate 1 psychological test that IS not covered in the textbook or in class
lectures. Utilize the Mental Measurement Yearbook found through the LibertyOnline Library to
help you select your tests. You are expected to choose 1 different psychological test and report
on the psychometric properties of THAT test as well as explain why you chose the test. The
evaluation should be approximately 2 pages in length. Current APA format is
This assignment will account for 200 points. Evaluations of the test will be graded on your
coverage of the purpose and design of the test, psychometric properties of the test, the
justification of why you choose the particular test, and the quality of your writing.
1. Purpose: What is the purpose of the test (personality, screening, Marriage counseling,placement for children, etc.)? Who developed it and why? How is it used?
2. Type: Paper and pencil? Computer-based? What kind of items (T/F, Likert, etc)? What kind of
score(s) do you get (percentile rank, z score, T, total and /or subscales?)
3. Norms & Administration: describe the normative sample. How is the test administered and
scored? Who can purchase?
Norming data: define both the number and the specific type of individuals included in
the normative sample
4. Administration: How is the test administered? Paper and pencil? Computer-based? Who can purchase/administer the test?
5.Reliability data: correctly use the terms in the course to define the type of reliability
reported and provide the specific numerical value of the reliability statistic
6. Validity data: correctly use the terms for two types of validity and provide statistical or
conceptual information for each
Why are you selecting this test for review? Counseling Children. How is this relevant to what you are doing now
and/or future career plans?
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.