What are the “red flags” of low back pain?
- List at least 3 differential diagnoses.
- What are some specific exam techniques that should be used when examining this patient? What is the rationale behind some of these assessment techniques? What information is supplied? (Think anatomy and physiology.)
- Should you order x-ray films or other imaging exams?
- What are the “red flags” of low back pain?
- How would you manage the patient with low back pain? Address pharmacologic and physical measures as well as other advanced practice nursing interventions.