Type a minimum three –to- four pagesreporton oceanographic topic of your choice.
Your summary should be written in your OWN WORDS.
1. When writing your summary include the following required information:
• Paragraph 1 (Introduction) should introduce the title (in quotation marks) of the article(s), the specific topic or main idea the article discusses.
• Paragraph 2-3 (Body) should summarize the important information from the article(s) and answer who, what, when, where, how, and why.
• Paragraph 4 (Conclusion) should state and discuss the importance of the article(s) to society and one relevant question that you may have about the topic that was not answered in the reading.
• Key Word and Terms: As you read the article, identify and highlight at least 5 scientific terms that are directly related to the topic. List and define these at the bottom of your paper.
Newspaper or Magazine Article
Author. “Article Title.” Name of Newspaper Date of Publication: page number.
Hill, Craig. “Volcanic Activity.” The Providence Journal 6 Aug. 2006: 16
Author. “Article Title.” Name of Website Date of publication. Date accessed
Sohn, E. “Dead Star Exploding.” Science News for Kids 9 Aug. 2006. 2 Sept. 2006
3. Attach the article to your summary. Make sure you have the original/print article.
4. Spelling and punctuation do count and may lower the grade you receive. Make certain to fill out and follow the attached rubric and staple this to your paper as well.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.