Consider a large hospital that uses a centralized human resources information system to make employee-specific information available to the hospital staff. This is not a system related to patient care. Be sure to review the notes and the securing pdf attached to do this. Also the templet is attach
Following the Four Steps for Writing Policy Documents in your Lesson Content for this week, write a policy document that could be used to dictate the acceptable use policy for a Human Resources Information System. This is not a system related to patient care. In order to earn full credit, this policy document should meet the following criteria:
· The Four Steps for Writing a Policy Document are followed.
· A clear description of a Human Resources Information System (HRIS) is included.
· Statements defining how different types of employees (managers, regular staff, HR staff) will use the HRIS system are written using clear, unambiguous language.
· Security measures that will be put into place to protect the employee data that is contained in the HRIS.
· Appropriate consequences are described if staff are to be found noncompliant.
Your policy should include the following criteria:
· Used policy and procedure format.
· Free of spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors.
· Written with original, not copied content.
· As we have learned, there are many security threats out there. An organization cannot afford to just sit back and hope nothing ever happens to them. They must be proactive and create policies that address these threats and how they will be handled. This week in your assignments, you will be writing one security policy and correcting another. Be sure to review the notes and the securing pdf this will be helpful in your assignment. The topic you are supposed to write your Security Policy on is a Human Resources Information System for your healthcare organization. To do this, you need to know what an HR Information System is – do some research on this. What is an HRIS system? What information is contained in an HRIS system? Remember, a Human Resource Information System does not contain patient information.
Writing a Security Policy for a Medical Practice
A clear description of the HRIS system is included.
Statements defining how different types of employees will use the HRIS system
Security measures that will be put into place to protect the data in the HRIS system
Appropriate consequences are described for employees who are in noncompliance
Free of spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.