1. What challenges does a country face…
* With a very high percentage of young people?
* With a very high percentage of old people?
2. Considering the extremely low birthrates in highly developed countries, should people be encouraged to have more children?
* Why or why not?
3. Discuss the effectiveness of 2 strategies to reduce birthrates in developing countries. What are some barriers, and why:
* Improving the status of women
4. What do you think would be more effective in minimizing the impacts of humans on the planet:
* Controlling population growth in developing nations (where most growth is occurring) and/or
* Curbing consumption of resources in developed countries (where the impact per person is highest)?
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.