For this assignment, you will record and upload a 3- to 5-minute video response.
Recording, Uploading, and Submitting
The Kaltura Desktop Recording tool is available for free to WCU students to assist with recording video assignments. Another software or tool may be used to record your assignment. Completed videos are required to be uploaded to your Kaltura My Media area before they can be submitted in the Blackboard assignment area via Mashups Tool > Kaltura Media.
Find a job posting that requires an MPH.
- Explain why you think this job should or should not require an MPH.
- What other qualifications are required?
- Are the requirements reasonable?
- What qualifications are preferred?
- Should they be preferred or required, or not listed at all?
Your video response should include answers and explanations to all the questions listed above.
Video Presentation Guidelines
- Choose your background: This is a professional environment. An office setting/table is appropriate. A couch or bed is not.
- Look the part: Wear professional attire for the circumstance. Remember, you are presenting to an academic audience.
- Include visual aids: Reinforce your presentation with graphs, pictures and/or a brief power point to keep the presentation interesting and to support your findings.
- Prepare in advance: Rehearse a few times before your record. Place notes attached to the computer screen -not beside it. Maintain eye contact and use appropriate gestures to keep your audience captivated.
- Organize your work: Plan your presentation and structure it in a clear and logical manner. Use professional language and quote scholarly work when indicated. *Make sure you cite your references and submit in a separate document.
- Review the rubric: This will ensure that all the required components are present in order for you to obtain the most credit for your efforts.
Due: Sunday, 11:59 p.m. (Pacific time)