Section 2: Calculate and Interpret Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion
Using the grades.sav file, compute descriptive statistics, including mean, standard deviation, skewness, and kurtosis for the following variables:
Copy the descriptives output from SPSS and paste it into your Word document. Below the descriptives output table in your Word document:
- Indicate which variables are meaningless to interpret in terms of mean, standard deviation, skewness, and kurtosis. Justify your decision.
- Next, indicate which variables are meaningful to interpret. Justify your decision.
- For the meaningful variables, do the following:
- Specify any variables that are in the ideal range for both skewness and kurtosis.
- Specify any variables that are acceptable but not excellent.
- Specify any variables that are unacceptable.
- Explain your decisions.
- For all meaningful variables, report and interpret the descriptive statistics (mean, standard deviation, skewness, and kurtosis).
Submit both sections of your assignment as an attached Word document.
APA Style and Format.