Choose a mental illness you are interested in. Follow the illness through the life course and answer the following questions:
- Describe the mental illness you have chosen.
- Describe the onset, course, and outcome of the illness.
- Describe physical illnesses that have been shown to accompany this mental illness.
- List some indicators (dimensions) that have been linked to the mental illness.
- Identify some risk factors and social determinants of the mental illness.
- Describe how this illness is being treated in the U.S. behavioral health systems. List any barriers to obtaining mental health treatment.
- Explain whether this illness can be prevented. If so, discuss some methods of prevention.
- Define mental health promotion. Identify a promotion strategy you would implement for this illness.
- Identify some cultural differences found globally for this illness. Describe differences in the symptoms and aspects of the illness compared to the United States.
- Write a conclusion that sums up all of these statements, and the future direction of addressing this mental illness.
The paper should have at least three peer-reviewed articles (Shapiro Library search) to provide evidence for the information in the paper. The paper should be four to six pages in length, with a title page and reference list. An abstract is not needed. Use APA style.