Region I chose in the Pacific North West is Oregon
Write at least a 750-word paper in which you describe how the region you selected in Week 1 was formed by various geological processes. Include the following:
- Explain the theory of plate tectonics and its effect on your chosen region.
- Identify factors that influence the location and intensity of earthquakes, volcanoes, flooding, and tsunamis for the region you have chosen.
- Describe the main movement within the plate tectonics theory that shaped the form and composition of your selected region. Include regional features such as mountains, rivers, lakes, oceans, and deserts.
- Discuss the various geological events that occurred in your selected region.
- Describe the various types of rocks that these geological events formed.
- Examine the relationship between the characteristics of these rocks and the geological events.
- Discuss the importance of the environmental economics in your selected region.