Unit 4 Discussion Board
Administration in Healthcare Services
The Decision-Making Process
Professor K. Darby
August 1, 2017
- Introduction – As a healthcare manager, it is important to understand management functions. The following definitions will be explained, described and compared (supervisor, manager and director).
- Managerial Functions
- III.Healthcare Department Manager Tardiness Policy
- Corrective action plan
- Corrective action plan for employee
- Follow-up on corrective plan
- IV.Healthcare Management Communication Skills
- Explain the different types of communication and the barriers
- Describe how good communication builds trust in organizations
- Discuss electronic communication in organizations
- V.How change impacts employees
- Describe how change impacts employees motivation
- Discuss implementation and the benefits of the change
- Discuss training and how jobs will change
- VI.Organizational Goals
- Describe short term and long term goals of strategic management
- Strategic management and how it controls the future
- VII.Organizational Chart/Staffing
- Executive Director
- Chief Operating Office – Medical Department
- Medical Director
- Nursing Supervisor
- Complete the following for your Key Assignment draft:
- In preparation for your Key Assignment, you have discussed corrective action, resolved a management problem with employees showing resistance to change, and developed an organizational chart. Prepare a summary of these tasks.
- Research and develop a mission and values statement for a facility.
- Describe what types of health care this facility will provide.
- Summarize their purpose and services provided, such as the type of health care, number of staff, type of staff, size, departments, and so forth.