SHOULD THE NFL BE LIABLE FOR CONCUSSIONS SUSTAINED BY ITS PLAYERS?
A THESIS SUBMITTED TO THE FACULTY OF THE DEPARTMENT OF SCHOOL OF PROFESSIONAL GRADUATE STUDIES IN CANDIDACY FOR THE DEGREE OF HEALTH-CARE ADMINISTRATION
TAKOMA PARK, MARYLAND
The National Football League (NFL) is a multi-billion dollar organization in which their employees (players) have sustained numerous concussions under their watch. There is an ongoing debate and controversy between the organization and the players, as well as the families of deceased players on whether or not the NFL provided adequate information on the dangers of playing football and the injuries that can be derived from it. Former players have reported to have major health issues due to football related injuries such as early Alzheimer’s, chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE), shortened attention span, and even suicide. This thesis will provide information and research to further analyze the National Football League’s handling of concussions and related responsibilities of the organization’s management. My research is going to contribute an immense amount of evidence that the NFL knew about the health risks of the sport and decided to deny its accountability.
SECTION 1: Intro/ purpose and significance / statement of research problem
· Background on the sport of football
· Background on the National Football League (NFL)
· Rules and regulations of the organization
· Introduce concussions and other football related injuries
SECTION 2 (LITERATURE REVIEW)
:WHAT IS THE NFL DOING NOW FOR SAFETY MEASURES FOR ITS PLAYERS?
· Equipment in the early stages of NFL, and the evolution of the helmet.
· Is the NFL adequately providing information on the health risks of playing the sport?
· What changes are being made to the game on the field?
· USE THIS LINK LAST 2 PARAGRAPHS OF 1ST SECTION FOR CHANGES BEING MADE TO THE GAME
The post Is the NFL responsible for compensating players and their families for health care received associated with former players or even deaths of players with health issues due to concussions -If so, does that convey a sense of a guilt from the NFL? appeared first on cheap nursing papers.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.