Interview with Nursing Information Expert
After completing your interview, you must use this form to submit your assignment to the Dropbox. You may use the form to capture information as you conduct your interview, or fill it in later. The form is expandable and will enlarge the textbox to accommodate your answers. Do not rely only on this form for everything you must include! Please look in Doc Sharing for specific instructions in the Guidelines for this assignment.
Criteria Fill in the answers in this column.
Provide initials of the RN, official job title of interviewee, and the date the interview was conducted.
(answer EVERY question in this section)
1. Describe your career path to your current position. Include information about education and experiences.
2. Discuss the value of best evidence as a driving force in delivery of nursing care at your facility.
3. What safeguards and decision-making support tools are embedded in patient care technologies and information systems that support safe practice at your facility?
4. Tell me about patient care technologies that have improved patient care at your facility.
5. What groups of healthcare workers rely on you to collect high-quality information or data and how is it utilized?
(Answer only ONE question from the choices below.)
1. Please tell me what challenges you have faced in dealing with other disciplines who may not “understand the needs of nurses/nursing?”
2. Please share an example of how GIGO (garbage in, garbage out) impacted a decision related to your information or data collection.
3. Please give me an example of how the lack of interprofessional collaboration impacted your role.
4. Please describe what a typical day on the job is like for you.
(Answer all of these. Please do not ask them during the interview.
Instead, reflect and answer them afterwards.)
1. How will completing this interview impact your practice as a BSN-prepared nurse? Give specific examples.
2. Resources (scholarly articles or texts). Indicate 2 scholarly resources or texts used prior to the interview to familiarize yourself with the individual’s organization, role, or any of the questions you asked to make you a more knowledgeable interviewer. Resource #1:
Resource # 2:
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.