Physical and cognitive development in early childhood plays a significant role in the social, academic, and emotional wellbeing of individuals later in life. As such, it is important to have a foundational understanding of this relationship. For this essay, you will examine the impact of nutrition on early childhood development.
Write a 700-1,050-word essay about the impact of nutrition on early childhood development. Be sure to include the following in your essay:
- A description of the role of nutrition on early childhood development. Provide at least two examples in your response.
- A description of how nutrition plays a role in the failure to thrive label
- A description of the impact of failure to thrive on a child’s development
- A description of the impact of trauma on childhood development. Please include the potential impact this would also have on family dynamics.
- Identify and briefly describe any potential childhood and adolescent disorders that could arise as a result of trauma and nutritional deficiencies.
- Include a minimum of two scholarly resources outside of the course textbook.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.