Advocacy & Nurse-Patient Ratios
please follow directions on attachment,READ the following:
• Abood, S. (2007). Influencing health care in the legislative arena. Online Journal of Issues in Nursing, 12(1), 12 pp.
Article is available as FULLTEXT in CINAHL OR CLICK on the following link: Retrieved from
• Aiken, L.H., Sloane, D.M., Cimiotti, J.P., Clarke, S.P., Flynn, L., Seago, J.A., Spetz, J., & Smith, H. (2010, April 9). Implications of the California nurse staffing mandate for other states. Health Services Research. Retrieved from https://www.nursing.upenn.edu/chopr/Documents/Aiken.2010.CaliforniaStaffingRatios.pdf (CLICK on PDF file: CA STAFFING MANDATE)
4) WRITE a two (2) page paper (minimum 500 words) using the two (2) articles above (Abood and Aiken et al.) as references
a) Review the article by Abood (see above). Also recommended: Chapter 12: The nurse as political advocate. In K.K. Blais & J.S. Hayes (2015). Professional nursing practice: Concepts and perspectives (7th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.
b) Read the results of the research paper (Aiken et al.) on staffing ratios. You have decided that you want your state legislature to pass similar legislation on mandated nurse-patient ratios.
c) Using the above two (2) article(s), develop a plan for influencing votes of legislators on nurse-patient ratios. Limit your submission to two (2) pages. You MUST include the following:
Advocacy and Nurse-Patient Ratios
1. PAGE 1: HEADING: My Personal/Professional Strategies to Increase My Power (Level 1) ONE PAGE ONLY
• Using the Abood article as a basis, describe the strategies and/or the “power(s)” YOU would use professionally and or personally as a nurse to persuade that a busy legislator. Use “I
would/will…” terminology,” NOT “the nurse/nurses” or “you” terminology (referring to the reader).
• How would you prepare YOURSELF, i.e., more education, organization memberships, etc.? Be specific.
• How would YOU involve other nurses and potential patients (the public) in your strategies. i.e. petitions, meetings, etc.? Be specific.
2. PAGE 2: HEADING: Legislator Information Sheet (Level 1)
The post How would you prepare YOURSELF, i.e., more education, organization memberships, etc.? Be specific. appeared first on cheap nursing papers.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.