subject: How do men establish themselves in the profession of nursing which is traditionally a woman’s profession?
It will give clues about the percentage of men working as nurses. It will help to understand how nursing has become inclusive. It will benefit the readers to see the particularities, and the contributions men bring to this profession. It is also worth exploring how patients perceive male nurses and how some of them can be hesitant to let men care for them.
1. Write an argumentative research paper that tries to convince the reader of a position. In other words, to repeat, your paper should not just inform your reader about a topic, but instead, it must convince your reader of something.
The research paper must be between 1500-1800 words and adhere to MLA formatting.
- The paper must incorporate formal research.
- A minimum of three (3) sources must be used – a maximum of five (5) sources can be used.
- Only ONE (1) source may come from a direct website; this does not mean that you cannot conduct all of your research online — you can, but your other sources must be academic ones (books, newspaper articles, journal articles, etc.). It IS possible to access these sources remotely via the library portal (from your home or work computer) without having to physically visit the library if you would prefer not to or are unable to do so.
- Within the paper itself, you must cite each source from which you paraphrase, summarize, or quote. All in-text citations must adhere to MLA formatting. Although this is a research paper assignment, the bulk of the paper should still come from your own original ideas, interpretations, evaluations, and suggestions. Roughly, no more than 30% of the paper should come from the source material.
- An accompanying Works Cited page is required.
- Accompanying multi-media materials can be incorporated — and are encouraged! — but should be in addition to, not in place of, other formal source material and own content.