Write a 1+ page paper that addresses the following:
- Explain your diagnosis for the patient, including your rationale for the diagnosis. What labs would you order?
- Describe an appropriate drug therapy plan based on the patientâ€™s history, diagnosis, and drugs currently prescribed. Discuss each of the patientâ€™s medications. Create an updated drug therapy plan.
- Justify why you would recommend this drug therapy plan for the patient. Be specific and provide examples. Use and cite at least 4 sources for written assignments.
Case study assigned:
Patient HL comes into the clinic with the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. The patient has a history of drug abuse and possible Hepatitis C. HL is currently taking the following prescription drugs:
- Synthroid 100 mcg daily
- Nifedipine 30 mg daily
- Prednisone 10 mg daily
- Flagyl 500 mg TID
- Metronidazole 250 mg daily
Wt: 155 lbs
HR: 90 bpm
GI: Nondistended, minimal tenderness
Skin: Warm and dry
Neuro: Alert and Oriented
Psych: Appropriate mood
Resources for this module:
- Rosenthal, L. D., & Burchum, J. R. (2021). Lehneâ€™s pharmacotherapeutics for advanced practice nurses and physician assistants (2nd ed.) St. Louis, MO: Elsevier.
- Chapter 64, â€œDrugs for Peptic Ulcer Diseaseâ€ (pp. 589â€“597)
- Chapter 65, â€œLaxativesâ€ (pp. 598â€“604)
- Chapter 66, â€œOther Gastrointestinal Drugsâ€ (pp. 605â€“616)
- Chapter 80, â€œAntiviral Agents I: Drugs for Non-HIV Viral Infectionsâ€ (pp. 723â€“743)
- Chalasani, N., Younossi, Z., Lavine, J. E., Charlton, M., Cusi, K., Rinella, M., . . . Sanya, A. J. (2018). The diagnosis and management of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease: Practice guidance from the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases Links to an external site.. Hepatology, 67(1), 328â€“357. Retrieved from https://aasldpubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1002/hep.29367