Choose one communicable disease from the following list:
1. Chicken Pox
5. Hepatitis B
1. Describe the communicable disease (causes, symptoms, mode of transmission, complications, treatment) and the demographic of interest (mortality, morbidity, and prevalence). Is this a reportable disease? If so, provide details about reporting time, whom to report to, etc.
2. Describe the determinants of health and explain how those factors contribute to the development of the disease.
3. Discuss the epidemiology triangle as it relates to the communicable disease you have selected. Include host factors, agent factors, (presence or absence), and environmental factors. Are there any special considerations for the community, schools, or general population?
4. Explain the role of the community health nurse (case finding, data collecting, reporting, data analysis and follow up).
5. Identify at least one national agency or organization that addresses the communicable disease chosen and describe how the organization(s) contribute to the resolving or reducing the impact of disease.
6. Discuss a global implication of the disease. How this is addressed in other countries or cultures? Is this disease endemic to a particular area? Provide an example.
The post apply the concepts of epidemiology and nursing research to a communicable disease-Get assignment essay appeared first on Precision Essays.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.