Describe a patient with an abdominal symptom or group of symptoms, such as bloating, flatus, and eructation; constipation; nausea and vomiting; diarrhea; or abdominal pain. Do not limit yourself to these examples. Remember that there are different types and locations of abdominal pain.
• What questions would you ask as part of your focused assessment?
• What history might be associated with the symptom, if any?
• What are the known risk factors for this condition?
• What physical examination techniques would you use?
• What patient education would you give the patient?
• Find a nursing journal article about these symptoms.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.