Based upon your readings thus far, you will address a contemporary organizational behavior that challenges healthcare delivery settings.
- Consider an organizational behavior or condition that is problematic in delivering quality healthcare. Be sure to provide one or two specific examples of how this behavior or condition negatively impacts patient outcomes.
Some examples of problem areas are:
- Poor communication among nurses and between nurse and physician
- Conflict between patient families and nurses
- Lack of communication to employees about important organizational changes
- Challenges in addressing a diverse population
- Incompatible personalities or value systems
- Competition for limited resources
- Or other problem area as you deem appropriate
- Choose one organizational theory that you believe would be helpful in making sense of the problem of your choice.
- Provide a brief summary of the theory and demonstrate how the theory is useful in analyzing the problematic behavior.
- After analyzing the work setting with an organizational theory, describe how you will address the problematic behavior or condition.
- Identify the resources and support you would need.
- Provide specific examples of where the changes you advocate would improve the quality of healthcare delivery and improve patient outcomes.
Your finished Assignment should be a 6–7 paged cause-effect analysis* essay, excluding the title page and references and cite a minimum of six scholarly references. The viewpoint and purpose of this Assignment should be clearly established and sustained.