1. Can you describe any principles, models, and documentation formats of biopsychosocial case conceptualization and treatment planning?
2. Can you describe any neurological, behavioral, psychological, physical, and social effects of psychoactive substances and addictive disorders on the user and significant others?
3. Can you tell me tests and assessments are utilized specific to addiction counseling?
4. How is the assessment of biopsychosocial and spiritual history relevant to addiction?
5. How do you assess for symptoms of psychoactive substance toxicity, intoxication, and withdrawal?
6. What treatment strategies do you offer clients in reducing the persisting negative effects of substance use, abuse, dependence, and addictive disorders?
7. Can you describe the roles and settings of addiction counselors?
8. Is there any potential for addictive and substance use disorders to mimic and/or co-occur with a variety of medical and psychological disorders?
9. Are there any factors that increase the likelihood for a person, community, or group to be at risk for or resilient to psychoactive substance use disorders?
10. Can you describe any regulatory processes and substance abuse policy relative to service delivery opportunities in addiction counseling?
11. Can you describe the importance of vocation, family, social networks, and community systems in the addiction treatment and recovery process?
12. Can you describe classifications, indications, and contraindications of commonly prescribed psychopharmacological medications for appropriate medical referral and consultation?
13. Please describe your diagnostic process, including differential diagnosis and the use of current diagnostic classification systems, including the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) and the International Classification of Diseases (ICD).
14. Can you describe any cultural factors relevant to addiction and addictive behavior?
15. What professional organizations, preparation standards, and credentials are relevant to the practice of addiction counseling?
16. What legal and ethical considerations are specific to addiction counseling?
17. Can you tell me about your record keeping, third party reimbursement, and other practice and management considerations used in addiction counseling?
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.