Discuss ways to keep stakeholders informed about new curriculum development by doing the following:
1. Discuss two strategies that should be implemented to keep current students in the associate degree program informed about the new curriculum development.
2. Discuss two strategies that should be implemented to keep healthcare and community agencies informed about the new curriculum development.
B. Discuss the possible challenges and opportunities with curriculum development by doing the following:
1. Discuss a possible challenge for faculty who may be required to teach in the existing associate degree program and the new BSN program simultaneously.
2. Discuss how the integration of interdisciplinary partnerships in the new curriculum will enhance student learning.
C. Develop a plan for evaluating the effectiveness of the new BSN curriculum in which you do the following:
1. Identify one evaluation method you will use to assess the effectiveness of your curriculum design.
2. Explain the type of data you will need to collect in order to support your evaluation method from part C1.
3. Explain how data collection can inform course improvement.
The role of the nurse educator requires specialized knowledge and skills. Essential competencies include being able to develop relevant curricula for the preparation of future nurses as well as participate in program evaluation activities. Implementation of a nursing education curriculum can be influenced by community stakeholders, available technology, the needs of diverse learners, cultural and societal factors, and interdisciplinary partnerships. This performance assessment addresses strategies for implementing and evaluating a nursing education curriculum.
You are a faculty member on the nursing curriculum committee tasked with transitioning the current associate degree program to a four-year baccalaureate nursing program. The committee has completed the work of designing the new curriculum and it will be fully implemented in approximately eight months.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. An originality report is provided when you submit your task that can be used as a guide.
Professional Communications is a required aspect to pass this task. Completion of a spell check and grammar check prior to submitting your final work is strongly recommended.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.