- Review the nine functional areas for nurse informaticists as identified by the ANA.
- Select the functional area in which you are most interested. Then, conduct additional research to identify the general responsibilities and duties associated with nurses working within this area.
- Consider your current professional role. How might your personal attributes and interests help you to be successful in your selected functional area? What skills might you wish to develop to better position yourself for success?
Submit a 3- to 5-page paper on or before Day 7 of Week 2 that addresses the following:
- Identify the nursing informatics functional area in which you are most interested.
- Summarize the general responsibilities and duties of nurses who work within this functional area.
- Explain how your personal attributes, interests, knowledge, and nursing background will help you thrive within this area.
- Propose three overarching skills you could develop to become more effective in this functional area. Justify the importance of each skill by providing applicable examples. Cite your resources as appropriate.