I need an analysis paper 4 pages long in APA format. 1 of those pages will be dedicated to a letter (see #7). The other 3 will be a paper. 2 references is required with 1 link to an ad of your choice except dieting ads. Please look over this carefully.
- Become aware of advertising about women. Look at billboards, magazines, television, products in stores, etc.
- Select one advertisement or picture that portrays women or suggests a goal for women that is unrealistic and unhealthy. Include a copy (or the URL of the Web site) of the picture in your report. Find something that is not a diet ad.
- Discuss the message being sent by this advertisement or message. You could conduct a small focus group of friends or family to solicit their reactions. Consider asking different age groups for a response.
- Who is the suggested audience of this message? What age group is being targeted? Will other groups be affected by this ad?
- Discuss how this advertisement/picture/message could affect women’s health. Is this product necessary?
- Could this message be presented in a different format? How could this company still achieve their goal?
- Write a letter to the company discussing your response and why this advertising is a concern: Include a copy of the letter in your paper. Write the letter as a concerned consumer or health professional. Do not write that you are doing this as an assignment, as it detracts from the sound of your intent.
- Limit the content of the paper to 3–5 pages (not including title page, reference page or letter). Include at least two appropriate references to support your discussion.